Ahhh... L'amour... Can be so expensive! But, it doesn't have to be.
- Dating is important in college life, but you have to budget for it.
- You don't have to break the bank to date. There are hundreds of inexpensive and free activities in the Provo/Orem area.
Dating on a Budget
Dating plays a key part in the lives of many college students. Sometimes students think that they can't afford to go on many dates, but there are hundreds of cheap or free activities in the area to suit interests of all kinds. From visiting one of the free museums on campus to hiking in Provo canyon, there is a world of possibilities when it comes to dating on a budget.
A great resource for cheap or free date ideas is TWO Magazine, a magazine produced with The Universe that focuses on dating in the Provo area. Visit their website for a date generator where you can search for dates based on categories and price. You can also view their recipes section to find recipes you could make on a date.
If you are looking for more free or inexpensive date ideas, visit our Recreation and Entertainment article to help you get started.
Here are a few important things to remember as you plan your dates:
- Make room in your budget for dating and stick to it.
- You can often split the bill between several couples if you go on group dates.
- You don't have to spend a lot of money for a date to be fun and meaningful. Keep in mind that dating is a time to get to know people and create lasting friendships, not just to cross items off your bucket list.
- Try to find inexpensive things to do that also align with the interests and values of the people you ask out.
Just have fun with it! Dating on a budget can be rewarding and a chance for you to really let your creative talents shine.